Applications for the 2023-2024 school year are OPEN!
10th Graders -Eligibility Requirements Final Submission Process
Step 1: Apply for admissions to MCC- Penn Valley as a high school student (FREE) for Associate of Arts degree.
Step 2: Take the Next-Generation Accuplacer Test (FREE) in Reading, Writing and Math (Course Eligibility Requirements) at MCC Testing Center:
- Must score in Reading, 248 or higher (Recommended or Not Required)
- Must score in Writing, 242-245 & No Reading Required or 246 or higher (English 101)
- Must score in QAS, 241 or higher and/AFF 237 or higher (Math 95 or higher)
an ACT score of 21 or higher in each content area
For Testing Centers:
MCC - Penn Valley Testing Center Humanities, Room 009
3201 Southwest Trafficway
Kansas City, MO 64111
Mon., Thurs, and Fri.(8:00 - 4:30 pm) Tues. & Wed. (8:00 – 7:00 pm)
Testers are accepted 30 minutes after opening (see above). Testing at all locations ends 15 minutes prior to closing time.
Step 3: Complete KCPS Interest Application
(Current KCPS students skip to Step 5)
Step 4: (New Students Only) Enroll in KCPS district through the KCPS Online Application - starts on January 17, 2023.
Step 5: Submit the complete following documents in an envelope to the ECA Office:
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from a current teacher or counselor AND a school administrator or someone of your choice that can speak to your preparation and motivation to be successful in a college environment. Recommendation Form
- (The letter of recommendation cannot be written by family members, friends, classmates, or teammates.)
- Current Official High School Transcript
- Most Recent Accuplacer test scores
- Submit two essays (minimum of 500 words)
- How will earning a college degree enable you to reach your personal and career goals?
- Why should you be selected to attend the Early College Academy?
Deliver ECA Application documents in person to the Early College Academy Office OR email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (All attached documents must be submitted in no more than 2 emails.)
Free Study Resources (New Generation Accuplacer): https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/educator/next-generation